|Careers at Pleasant Holidays|
Product Director - Continental USA
Pleasant Holidays is looking for a Product Director to handle the Continental USA product line.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for supplier contract and promotion negotiations to include rates, added values/specials, and inventory.
- Serve as key contact for destination suppliers including hotels, land/transfer companies, and destination activities.
- Continually analyze and benchmark competition with regard to product offerings and pricing.
- Launch new destinations and revise product as needed.
- Monitor destinations and product and report on trends and competition.
- Assist Marketing and Sales by soliciting supplier participation in annual marketing plans, ongoing promotions, and co-op funds
- Assist PR/Marketing department with tourist board relationships & co-op marketing
- Communicate with all applicable departments (Marketing, Internet, Sales, Reservations) to ensure supplier product support, exposure and training.
- Assist in the development and execution of annual product budget and financial plan.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- Requires excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Minimum 5 years travel industry experience with 3-5 years product development experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong analytical skills required
- Expert destination knowledge required
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Email resume with salary requirements to Tina Doria, HumanResources@pleasant.net or fax to 805-744-6268.