Coronavirus Travel Alert
04/03/2020 2:00pm PDT
Due to the high volume of cancellations and refund requests, supplier processing of refunds may take 90+ days to process.
A note to our travelers: Keep your dreams alive! Postpone your vacation for a later date instead of cancelling it and you'll have something you can look forward to for days to come.
We continue to monitor developments regarding COVID-19 and its potential impact on your travel.
Our Customer Service Team is currently assisting those with travel scheduled within the next 14 days. If your vacation is scheduled beyond this window, we ask that you delay calling so we can continue helping those with the most urgent needs. Thank you.
Breaking Travel-Related News
Additional Resources are provided at the bottom of this page to help you access more information from specific supplier and government sources.
Note: individual links have been provided for destinations not included on the US Department of State and COVID-19 Country Specific Information links.
Our FIT Change/Cancel Policies in effect for impacted customers are as follows:
- Effective March 20, 2020, Pleasant Holidays is automatically cancelling all current land/hotel-only bookings (i.e., bookings without flights) to destinations that have closed their borders to non-residents or if the hotel is closed. Pleasant Holidays will reach out to all impacted bookings to confirm the cancellation.
- Effective April 1, 2020, For cancellation of non-cruise bookings with travel scheduled 04/01/2020 – 05/31/2020:
- Bookings without our Travel Protection Plan coverage: Travelers may receive refunds in the form of a Land Future Travel Credit for 100% of the land portion of the booking. The credit may be used for future travel to any destination or cruise vacation in our portfolio for travel by 12/15/2021. Land Future Travel Credit is non-transferrable, non-refundable nor offered as cash back if not used in full. Airline change/cancel policies not applicable and remain as defined in the links below. Not valid for existing cruise bookings.
- Bookings with our Travel Protection Plan coverage: All plan policies apply.
- For current bookings that opt to change instead of cancel, we are currently waiving Pleasant Holidays change fees for travel scheduled through May 31, 2020 for ALL destinations; supplier change fees may still apply. Airline fees vary by each specific airline's policies (see links below).
- For bookings with travel scheduled after May 31, 2020: all regular Terms and Conditions currently apply.
- Normal travel protection policies apply if a plan was purchased through Pleasant Holidays.
- All policies subject to change or cancellation without notice.
$250 Rebooking Discount
Pleasant Holidays is offering a $250 per booking rebooking discount to travelers with existing bookings with travel scheduled through May 31, 2020 who decide to change dates and/or destinations on the current booking or who decide to rebook a cancelled vacation. The offer is valid on new bookings of $2,000 or more (not including any applicable future cruise or travel credit amounts). For cancelled vacations, the new rescheduled booking must be made between one (1) and thirty (30) days after full cancellation of a previous Pleasant Holidays or Journese vacation booking. $250 per booking Rebooking Discount is not applicable to price-matched bookings. All travel must be completed by 12/31/2020 and may be to any destination in the Pleasant Holidays or Journese destination portfolios, including cruise vacations, regardless of destination booked in cancelled vacation. This is a limited time offer that is subject to change or cancellation at any time without notice.